Week 15: Pre-Finals Frenzy

 Returning from break was a blur, and I have found myself in the middle of dead week, staring down my finals. This week contains a bit more stress for me than usual, as I have a couple of courses I need a B on the final to maintain a B in the classes. This, combined with a couple of new work projects are sure to lead to some late nights in the coming days. Excitingly, I received news from Kerecis that I'll be working in the Arlington, VA office over winter break, and can't wait to spend the winter somewhere more hospitable.

Outside of classes and studying life has been pretty quiet in Ada. As a team we had a really tough workout this past Saturday. We were caught off guard by a shakeup from our routine lift and had to react appropriately. By doing this, we were forced to rely on one other in a way lifts occasionally demand from teammates, and we were able to grow our camaraderie and trust between us. This bond will be needed come spring, as we venture across the country and OAC.

Immediately after lift, I ran over to Kinghorn to give a hand at the wrestling tournament. Having never attended one, scoring matches was a great way to learn the sport. I had known most of it growing up around wrestling, but a lot of the finer details were fascinating, like team scoring and bonus points. Furthermore, it was a great way to get out and support fellow Polar Bears, and we won the whole thing behind three weight class winners

In short, the last week or so has been eerily routine. Study, workout, study, repeat. I can tell the intensity is going to ratchet up quite a bit from here, but I am excited for the change!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!

Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather