Week 14: Over the River

 My Thanksgiving break this year was eventful and much needed, even if it started in a frenzy. At 3:15 on Thursday I found out that the snowstorm on my route home through Buffalo had gotten considerably worse, and if I was going to make it home atall, it had to be today. After a quick lift, I packed an emergency bag for the next week and hopped in the car to race home.

After making it across to Cleveland, I met my first snow, and it stayed with me to the New York state line, where I headed east. Moving inland across the state, I quickly ran out of it but found myself on an unknown backroad connecting two highways. After quite literally making it out of the woods, I pulled into Rochester, New York at around 1:15 to get some rest at my childhood best friends.

After spending the day there, I headed home to greet family and catch up with the dog. Over the next few days I focused on work, and traveled a bit to see old relatives and friends. Lucy however, was not so friendly, as she seemed upset with me for skipping out for the past few months.

As Thanksgiving rolled around, I geared up for the big occasion by getting assigned a large work project, which had to be dealt with immediately. Fun times. Afterwards, I spent the day surrounded by family and food having a great time. By this time, Lucy had gotten over herself and we were back to being best buds and took some Christmas photos. I've attached one below because I think she's just too cute.




Comments

  1. I have a classmate in my capstone who is also from Buffalo, and she was not able to go home and had to spend the week with her boyfriend. Snow is way more deadly than fun, when on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe, happy to hear that you made it back safe. It is nice being able to spend time with your family! Also, Lucy is a very cute dog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!

Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather