Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather

 The past week has been a fun one in Ada, as winter has begun to set in. Towards the end of last week rumors of snow started flying around, creating a lot of buzz on campus. Starting on Friday, I am pretty confident I have seen snow in the air every day since.

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to man the concession stand at a variety of games over the two days, mostly the NCAA Men's Soccer tournament that was in town. On a pair of cold and snowy days, the entire team showed out to provide hot chocolate, hot dogs, and more to the huddled masses. Ultimately men's soccer won both of their games on PK's, advancing to the next round, and football won their season finale as well.

Outside of this, my week has been filled with preparations for thanksgiving break. Getting the apartment ready to leave has been more of a task than I thought, as I am largely tackling it alone. Cleaning out the fridge, do every last dish, clean the house, pack for home, and more! Despite the work, I cannot wait to get home and see my family, and most importantly Lucy, who I have attached a picture of below.

As a notice, I will be off next week to enjoy time with family and friends. With that in mind their will be no blogs made, and you will hear from me again in two weeks. Go Bears!



Comments

  1. Getting ready to leave for break is always a big task, however it is definitely worth it. A couple hours cleaning your apartment to be able to spend a week with your friends and family at home is a great trade off. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving break and came back refreshed and ready to finish the semester out strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice break with your family and friends and Lucy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!