Week 11: Halloween in Ada

 The past week in Ada has been a great deal of fun as fall has been setting in. With Halloween sneaking up on me, I spent Thursday evening in Lima looking for a costume. Over the weekend, the team wore the costume for a few events across campus, so I could not disappoint.

With absolutely no idea who to be, and a hatred for store bought costumes, I walked into the Goodwill with hopes of pulling something together. I was able to find myself a Canadian Tuxedo, and ran off to Spirit Halloween in hopes of finding a wig. With a bit of rummaging I found one, nearly completing my costume as Bob Ross. On Saturday I was able to borrow some art supplies from a friend to complete the costume.

On Friday, we held a costume scrimmage, where the team all unveiled our costumes. We had groups of bananas (who were featured on a major lacrosse culture instagrams), chefs, Sesame Street, and more all in attendance. To complete the Bob Ross costume, I teid the wig to the top of my helmet, leaving it bobbing on top of my head. In all, it was a great way to get everyone together. 

On Saturday, we held our annual costume game at the women's volleyball match, where we all wear our costumes. This has been a men's lacrosse tradition that predates my time here, so it was a great event to get to. Later in the day, I had another concessions shift, that had some life kindled into it as we surprised people with wearing costumes.

In all, Hollo-weekend win Ada was a great deal of fun, and I hope to hear about the weekend everyone else had in the comments!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!

Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather