Chapter 3 Analysis: Personas and Placement

 Having spent the second half of the summer working on a social media marketing team, I was instantly familiar with many of the concepts in this chapter, but had yet to identify them as commonplace. Among these are the social media posting calendar, performing an audit on social channels, and setting measurable goals. Because of my experience,  I was able to get a better understanding of the how and why behind many of the operations that I perform.

One concept that was new to me however, was the idea of target personas. I had understood that companies and products are created with a certain customer in mind, but was surprised to see that this preferred customer could also be many, wildly different customers who use the brands products for varying reasons.

I found the tone of voice section to be the most important in this chapter, as it places emphasis on being fitting and consistent, which I believe are two common themes in the social media sphere. By creating consistent and on brand tone, your brand can be one that consumers come to respect and trust.

In all, I enjoyed this chapter, as it gave me an outside perspective on a social media marketing team.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!

Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather