Can I get a Go Bears?

 On August 10th , I left my summer internship in Arlington, Virginia behind to head back to

upstate New York. I had the next 8 days to get myself ready to head back to Ada, along with

catch up with everyone that I’d missed while I was living in Northern Virginia. With a menagerie

of aunts, uncles, and other distant relatives thrown at me, I barely got to get a breath in!

The highlight of the time at home for me was travelling to Rochester to visit my best

friend, Andrew. We grew up together from the age of two, and with life pushing us in different

directions, it had been over a year since I last saw him. As always, we picked right up where we

left off, and headed to a Rochester RedWings game. In the end, the good guys came out on top,

and I got to see their famed bat dog, Milo, in action.

Considering the family moments of the trip, going up to my uncle’s cottage on the St.

Lawrence River has been a tradition of ours for as long as I can remember. It has always been a

great place to get away to, and I continued my string of good luck fishing up there, as I reeled in

the smallmouth bass pictured below, ultimately measuring in at 18.5” and 5 pounds.

Immediately after this trip I ran home and made the final preparations for moving out the next

day.

In the end, being home was a blast, but it had to come to an end. On Friday the 18 th I

made the drive to Ada. Worn down by the road and the prior week, I pulled in to see around a

dozen of my teammates moving in aswell. As I got out of the car, one of them yelled out to me

“Can I get a Go Bears?”

Comments

  1. Hey Gabe, I always feel squeezed for time trying to see all my friends and family even when I'm home for an entire summer, so I can't imagine how you felt in those few days. It makes me think about when I have my adult job and house away from family how little I will get to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Analysis: Thoughts on Twitter

Week 10: Live Tweets from Columbus!

Week 13: Tournament Tilts and Winter Weather